[Pgpool-general] Suggestion for Failover on Master/Slave Streaming Replication

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Tue Nov 9 18:58:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

Using Master/Slave with Streaming Replication and Hot Standby, on
Failover, I think it would be a good idea to have pgpool stop handling
connections until new master becomes writable. Maybe, the application
should handle this, but we don't want the application check if the
database is writable every time an INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE is about to
be run. Any workaround? I'm tempted to add a sleep in pgpool when a
failover happens, before handling new connections to the new master, in
order for the new master to become writable (by touching the
corresponding file) and be able to service the clients without giving
them errors.

-Daniel