[Pgpool-general] Hello!!!

Lazaro Ruben Garcia Martinez lgarciam at estudiantes.uci.cu
Wed May 26 21:40:03 UTC 2010

Hello everyone , Primarily excuse me because I don't know speak English very well.
I have a problem but I don't know how resolve it. I need to connect two nodes because I need to replicate the information, but when I tray to connect to the server an error occurs, I'm using pgpool-2.3.3, postgreSQL 8.3.3, and CentOS as Operating System.

I write:
 /usr/bin/psql -h 192.168.101.121 -p 9999 -U pgpool2 -d postgres

the error is:
 error:psql: el servidor ha cerrado la conexión inesperadamente,
        probablemente porque terminó de manera anormal
        antes o durante el procesamiento de la petición.

The configuration in pg_hba.conf is:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               ident sameuser
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
host    all         pgpool2     192.168.101.121/32      trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               ident sameuser

The configuration in pgpool.conf is:

listen_addresses = '*'

port = 9999

pcp_port = 9898

socket_dir = '/tmp'

pcp_socket_dir = '/tmp'

backend_socket_dir = '/tmp'

pcp_timeout = 10

num_init_children = 32

max_pool = 4

child_life_time = 300

connection_life_time = 0

child_max_connections = 0

client_idle_limit = 0

authentication_timeout = 60

logdir = '/var/log'

pid_file_name = '/var/run/pgpool/pgpool.pid'

replication_mode = true

load_balance_mode = true

replication_stop_on_mismatch = false

replicate_select = false

reset_query_list = 'ABORT; DISCARD ALL'

print_timestamp = true

master_slave_mode = false

connection_cache = true

health_check_timeout = 20

health_check_period = 0

health_check_user = 'nobody'

failover_command = ''

failback_command = ''

fail_over_on_backend_error = true

insert_lock = true

ignore_leading_white_space = true

log_statement = false

log_per_node_statement = false

log_connections = false

log_hostname = false

parallel_mode = false

enable_query_cache = false

pgpool2_hostname = ''

# system DB info
system_db_hostname = 'localhost'
system_db_port = 5432
system_db_dbname = 'pgpool'
system_db_schema = 'pgpool_catalog'
system_db_user = 'pgpool'
system_db_password = ''

# backend_hostname, backend_port, backend_weight
# here are examples
backend_hostname0 = '192.168.101.120.121'
backend_port0 = 5432
backend_weight0 = 1
#backend_data_directory0 = '/data'

backend_hostname1 = '192.168.101.120'
backend_port1 = 5432
backend_weight1 = 1
#backend_data_directory1 = '/data1'

# - HBA -

# If true, use pool_hba.conf for client authentication. In pgpool-II
# 1.1, the default value is false. The default value will be true in
# 1.2.
enable_pool_hba = false

recovery_user = 'nobody'

recovery_password = ''