[Pgpool-general] Fwd: PGPOOL II 2.3.3 hang in ssl mode

AI Rumman rummandba at gmail.com
Sun May 9 06:19:52 UTC 2010

Addition to the above, I found that,

When I use the following query it works :

SELECT d.datname as "Name",
       r.rolname as "Owner",
       d.encoding as "Encoding"
FROM pg_catalog.pg_database d
  JOIN pg_catalog.pg_roles r ON d.datdba = r.oid
ORDER BY 1

But the following query does not work:

SELECT d.datname as "Name",
       r.rolname as "Owner",
       pg_catalog.pg_encoding_to_char(d.encoding) as "Encoding"
FROM pg_catalog.pg_database d
  JOIN pg_catalog.pg_roles r ON d.datdba = r.oid
ORDER BY 1

The function call "pg_catalog.pg_encoding_to_char(d.encoding)" somehow makes
the Pgpool hang in SSL mode.