[Pgpool-general] Transaction failure error.

Nimesh Satam nimesh.satam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 11:49:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

We are currently using pgpool-II (2.2.6 version) and postgres 8.4.1. We are
facing problem when there one of the transaction fails. The application is
using JDBC for interaction.

We are getting the below error in the db logs:

DEBUG:  bind <unnamed> to <unnamed>
ERROR:  unnamed prepared statement does not exist

Once the error is thrown, we are expecting the transaction to close. But
instead the transaction remains open and no activity is done. For some
reason the failure is not propagated by the pgpool.

Can you anyone of you let us know what might be going wrong here?

Regards,
Nimesh.