[Pgpool-general] Multi-statement queries

Matthias Tief matthias at itso-berlin.de
Tue Mar 9 09:11:26 UTC 2010

Thank you for your rapid answer.

But for me it is still not clear. What you describe seems to be a
collection of statements transmitted as a single transaction. But this
is done very well by pgpool-II in my tests. I am wrong with that?

So than my question is: What is the difference between "multi-statement
queries" and a single transaction of multiple statements?

As I understand pgadmin implicitly wrapps a BEGIN/COMMIT block around
all statements, that it becomes a single transaction.

Looking forward to your answer.

Matthias

--
IT Service Omikron GmbH
Mohrenstr. 63-64; D-10117 Berlin
Email: matthias.tief at itso-berlin.de
Internet: www.itso.de
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 21013