[Pgpool-general] Multi-statement queries

Matthias Tief matthias at itso-berlin.de
Fri Mar 5 08:45:49 UTC 2010

Hallo,

we are planning to use pgpool-II as replication solution for our
PostgeSQL application. Currently we evaluate, whether the restriction of
pgpool-II affect our application. In the documentation you say:
"pgpool-II cannot process multi-statement query." What do you exactly
mean with "multi-statement queries". As I found out you don't mean
transactions that contain multiple statments, like BEGIN - COMMIT
blocks. These blocks are "committed" or in case of a failure are "rolled
back" correctly. I would appreciate if you could give me an example of
multi-statement queries.

Thanks,
Matthias