[Pgpool-general] handling of sequences

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Tue Mar 2 00:43:01 UTC 2010

On 3/1/10 4:23 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Which part of the code are referring to? In my understanding there's
> no SERIAL rewriting code today. Though I would like to have more
> complete SERIAL support which may involves SERIAL rewriting.

Hmmm ... oh, that's just the part supporting insert_lock.

To really handle serials, all sequences would need to come from a
designated server.  I think that would be the simplest solution.  You
could fairly easily capture nextval(), setval() etc., but capturing the
implied ID for a table where nextval() wasn't called explicitly would be
much more challenging.

--Josh Berkus