[Pgpool-general] parallel mode ERROR: password is required, DETAIL: Non-superuser cannot connect if the server does not request a password

Alex alex.d.fraser at vpac.org
Mon Jun 7 01:59:55 UTC 2010

Vlad Kosilov <vkosilov at ...> writes:
> solution is to give pgpool user a superuser (CREATEUSER,CREATEDB)
> permissions.

I had the same problem when using dblink between two databases on the same host.
Instead of using a superuser, I found that if you explicitly set the host, port
and username, the error goes away. I assume this is because it uses a different
type of connection to communicate with the other database.

Cheers,
Alex