[Pgpool-general] Where did my logging go?

Xavier Noguer xnoguer at antica.cl
Thu Jan 14 13:35:11 UTC 2010

 Hello Ger,

 I'm not familiar with the package you are using, but pgpool is usually
started by a script which is in /etc/pgpool/scripts/pgpool.sh regardless
of whether this script reads options from some other location.

 Pgpool writes its log to standard error by default so you should check
this script, or any other script you may be using to start pgpool, and
make sure standard error is being directed to the logfile of your
choosing. For example:

/usr/local/bin/pgpool -n -d 2>/usr/local/bin/pgpool

 Regards