[Pgpool-general] Replication working but sending unnecessary reset_query_list

Simon L Jackson simon.jackson at corpita.net
Thu Feb 25 01:13:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

We have pgpool-II 2.3.1 running successfully between 2 servers.

Data is being updated at both ends as expected.

We have replicate_select set to false (the default), so select
statements are only going to the local server.

We have 99% select versus 1% other statements and are relying on not
replicating the select statements to keep performance close to the pre
pgpool-II level.

The problem I am seeing is that the reset_query_list is being sent to
both servers even when one of them has received no statements.

As a consequence selects which are local still reach out and send abort
statements to the remote server. This results in a significant reduction
in performance.

Is there any way to stop the reset statements being sent to a server
which hasn't been sent any statements? If I have waded through the code
a bit and it doesn't seem that there is a way of doing this.

Cheers

--
Simon L Jackson
Corpita Pty Ltd