[Pgpool-general] pgpool Pid Error

Rahul Reddy nilapusa at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 16:19:33 UTC 2010

Thank Ger,

I tried stopping the pgpool, but i get the following error when i run /etc/init.d/pgpool stop( I had to move pgpool from pgpool/bin to /etc/init.d/pgpool)

pool_config: could not open configuration file(pgpool.conf)
pool_config: using default values...
ERROR: pid 29400: could not read pid file

I created a pgpool folder in /var/run to match the pid_file_name path in pgpool.conf file. I checked the /var/run/pgpool and the pgpool.pid was not there

Appreciate any help