[Pgpool-general] health_check user

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Tue Feb 16 15:40:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm using pgpool-II 2.2.2. I password protected the database for every
user, including 'postgres'. However, I made the .pgpass in the
corresponding home directories in order to have access without
explicitly providing password. If I password protect postgresql (by
changing pg_hba.conf of postgresql), the postgresql log files show

    LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

    LOG:  unexpected EOF within message length word

every pgpool's health_check_period seconds.

If I take out the password protection, the above error goes away.

Notice that I'm able to interact with the database normally in both
scenarios. It's just that the logs show something not making sense to
me.

Any clue?

Thanks,

Daniel