[Pgpool-general] Difficulty keeping things in sync

Chris Coleman chrisc at vmunix.com
Tue Feb 9 06:14:48 UTC 2010

I'm having a difficult time keeping my databases in sync.

Warning: pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR:  pgpool detected difference of the
number of inserted, updated or deleted tuples. Possible last query was:
"update queue set process_time=now(), status = 1 where id = 256"

I'm running FBSD 7.2, pgpool 2.2.6 and postgres 8.4.  I have 3 postgres
servers setup in load balance mode

# Replication mode
replication_mode = true

# Load balancing mode, i.e., all SELECTs are load balanced.
# This is ignored if replication_mode is false.
load_balance_mode = true

# if there's a data mismatch between master and secondary
# start degeneration to stop replication mode
replication_stop_on_mismatch = false

# If true, replicate SELECT statement when load balancing is disabled.
# If false, it is only sent to the master node.
replicate_select = false

This latest sync lasted about 4 hours.  I used pg_dumpall to sync up the DBs
the last time.  I'm working on getting online recovery setup still.

--
Chris Coleman --  http://Podlinez.com