[Pgpool-general] pg_dump

Christophe Philemotte christophe.philemotte at apreco.be
Mon Feb 1 13:28:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like to dump the database through pgpool. I don't find any
reported issue in the mailing list except some in 2004 and 2005. I do
not think there will be a problem, and during my first tests, I don't
notice any problem. But some questions are still there, and could be
interesting for other people.

1. Does pgpool have a special treatment of pg_dump?
1.a If load balancing is enabled, are the SELECT commands of pg_dump
also balanced?
After checking the log in debug mode, I think the answers are "no" and
"yes". Could someone confirm this?

2. Are there any known issues with pg_dump with pgpool-II 2.3.1?

Christophe Philemotte