[Pgpool-general] Why pgpool II always refuses connections?

Zhidong She zhidong.she at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 01:53:44 UTC 2010

In fact this test scenario you suggested have already been conducted
yesterday, and we got the same error.
But if we change the host and port to the postgres server directly to cross
the pgpool, the test can be finished. You can see below the number of
transactions actually processed is 40000.

I'm not sure if it is a pgpool issue, but I think the client where pgbench
run and the postgres server is ok. Maybe my problem is on pgpool
configuration or host cofiguration?

Did anyone else meet the similarissue before?

[root at ucs09 ~]# /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/pgbench -t 2000 -C -c 20 -h
172.17.4.11 -p 5432 -U postgres pgbench
starting vacuum...end.
transaction type: TPC-B (sort of)
scaling factor: 20
query mode: simple
number of clients: 20
number of transactions per client: 2000
number of transactions actually processed: 40000/40000