[Pgpool-general] Does pgpool II support manual failover?

Zhidong She zhidong.she at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 06:16:09 UTC 2010

Thanks very much, pcp_detache_node works well and can trigger the third node
to failover.

Here comes the new question, :)
If the failure database backend (which is the original master node 0) comes
back, is it possible to add it back to pgpool as a slave backend?
I tried pcp_attached_node to attach the node 0 back, but pgpool will regard
the node 0 as master again and forword all requests to node 0.
I also tried to change the pgpool.conf to swap the ip of host0 and host1,
and ask pgpool to reload the config, but it does not work.

I know I can change the configure file and restart the pgpool, but maybe
there's other tricky without restart pgpool.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your time!

Regards,
Zhidong