[Pgpool-general] replication stability under heavy loads, many connections?

Jean-Paul Argudo jean-paul at postgresqlfr.org
Mon Dec 13 11:00:22 UTC 2010

Hi Andre-Felipe,

Le 10/12/2010 02:55, Andre Felipe Machado a écrit :
> suggestions?

Are you using pconnect() or connect() in PHP, I mean, is it persistant
connexions or not ?

If you use persistant mode, then I suggest you try non-persistant, as
pgpool-II already acts as a connections pooler, and it will save the
connecting time, because it has already connections to the database
backends.

Remember too you may want to reduce the number of connections to the
database, to have better performances. You didn't post like your
postgresql.conf and other pgpool.conf, that may of great help answering
you better.

Also, please add some more informations about the troubles you face.
Like error messages.

And, finaly, I note you use an old version of PostgreSQL (still
supported tough), I urge you to consider upgrading your PostgreSQL
version. 9.0 is a real must have, and migrating from 8.3 to 9.0 will be
quite flawless.

Hope this helps,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo