[Pgpool-general] Does pgpool II support manual failover?

Zhidong She zhidong.she at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 03:26:36 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have several questions about pgpool, we plan to use pgpool plus slony to
build a HA solution for our project, master backend and slave backend are
synchronized by slonyI.
We may have more than 1 pgpool nodes, for example 3 pgpool node. If two
pgpool nodes loss connection to master backend (not master node failure), we
will trigger slave backend to be promoted as master node.
At the same time, we need notify the third pgpool(it works fine) to do a
failover.

We can ssh to the third node, but how to trigger the third pgpool node to do
the failover?

The second question, it seems that for the master/slave configuration, the
pgpool will always failover if any node failed. Can it be configured as
doing failover if and only if the master node failure?

Thanks very much for you time. You will be highly appreciated if have any
sugguestion.
Br,
Zhidong