[Pgpool-general] Problems connecting to PGPool

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Dec 10 00:16:15 UTC 2010

> I'm having some trouble getting a connection through pgpool working and any suggestions on what I am doing wrong would be tremendously helpful. Below are my configuration file, relevant chunk of log file, and a terminal session of me successfully connecting to each backend directly and failing when hitting pgpool:

Your DB servers are '10.124.51.89' and '10.98.182.126' but pgpool
tries to connect to UNIX domain socket and raises an ERROR. It seems
your pgpool is looking at different configuration file what you are
prodiving. To find what pgpool is looking at, you might want to turn
on -d (debug) option or you could use strace or some such to find what
pgpool opens for pgpool.conf.