[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 3.0 beta2/pgpoolAdmin 3.0 beta2 released

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Aug 25 05:41:31 UTC 2010

Pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the
availability of pgpool-II 3.0 beta2. In the mean time new version of
pgpoolAdmin, the GUI tool for pgpool-II, pgpoolAdmin 3.0 beta2 is
released.

Users are encouraged to take part in our beta test program.
pgpool-II 3.0 beta2/pgpoolAdmin 3.0 beta2 can be down loaded here:

http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/2781/pgpool-II-3.0-beta2.tar.gz
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/2782/pgpoolAdmin-3.0-beta2.tar.gz

Major enhacements/fixes from beta1 to beta2 are:

- When insert_lock is enabled and the table includes SERIAL data type,
  issue row lock on the sequence table. Before we issues table
  lock. Problem is, the table lock conflicts with auto vacuum and
  sometimes caused excessive lock waiting(Tatsuo)

- Fix replication mode to consider white_function_list and
  black_function_list(Kitagawa)

- Fix insert_lock to be schema aware(Tatsuo)

- Various fixes for version 2 protocol(Kitagawa)

- Various fixes for parallel mode(Kitagawa)

- Fix pgpool_switch_xlog so that it checks the size of archived log
  file(Kitagawa)

- Make long options more portable for the platforms which does not
  have getopt(Guillaume Lelarge)