[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 3.0 and getopt.h missing on SCO 5.0.7

Guillaume Lelarge guillaume at lelarge.info
Fri Aug 20 13:59:57 UTC 2010

Le 20/08/2010 15:04, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 20/08/2010 01:49, Tatsuo Ishii a écrit :
>>> hi!  i tried to compile pgpool-II 3.0 beta1 on SCO 5.0.7 , but    i
>>> can't find  getopt.h file ,  i just  have an getopt_.h from gnulib but
>>> is not enough to compile it.
>>>
>>> There is a  way to disable long options?
>>> or
>>> where can  i find a getopt.h file (and getopt.c to  compile. ;-) ) ??
>>
>> I have looked into PostgreSQL code, and found that it spends lots of
>> efforts to make long options portable.
>>
>> Guillaume, should we do the same thing?
>
> Seems a good idea. Working on it.

Well, it shouldn't be a hard work for someone who knows how to write the
configure file, but it happens that I don't. I tried a few things, but
it didn't work out well.

In the source file, there's only one thing to do. Instead of

#include <getopt.h>

we should have a

#include "getopt_long.h"

Of course, we also need to copy the getopt_long.c and getopt_lon.h
source files.

And it's enough if the configure script is in good shape. Can you take
care of the configure script? or at least tell me the files that need
some updates.

The only place where I found pgpool's licence is on the pgfoundry
website. We certainly need to mention it in the docs too.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr