[Pgpool-general] Online recovery timeouts

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Apr 15 04:23:41 UTC 2010

> Back in January, there was a discussion on online recovery during load
> (http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-general/2010-January/002445.html).
> While the originator seemed to solve their problem, I'm still
> experiencing a similar problem with programs (such as pgadmin) which
> maintain a persistent connection and prevent pgpool from performing
> recovery.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you just stop pgadmin if you go into
online recovery?

> Are their any options for having pgpool force a client to disconnect,
> regardless of what the client is doing?

Currently no. A patch has been proposed for this. I have looked into
the patch and came to the conclusion that same idea could be
implemented in more "natural" way. Of course this does not make the
original idea less valuable at all. Thanks for this.

Pgpool development team are now busy for working on releasing minor
version up of pgpool-II 2.2 and 2.3 tree. We expect that this will be
done within one or two weeks and after that we will start 2.4
development which will include the functionality mentioned above.