[Pgpool-general] Error: pgpool detected difference of the number of...

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Mon Sep 28 17:31:48 UTC 2009

When connecting through pgpool, the query:

UPDATE table SET field1='something' WHERE field2='something_else';

throws the following error:

ERROR: pgpool detected difference of the number of INSERTS, DELETES, or
UPDATES ...(etc. I can't recall the rest of the error message, but I
know it has something like "type 'E' "

If I connect directly to postgresql, the query is executed successfully.

I have not been able to test updating other tables because the system is
not available for me for a while.

I'm using pgpool-II 2.2.1

Any ideas?

Thanks,