[Pgpool-general] pgpool 2.2.4: DEALLOCATED children

Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 11:46:38 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 23/9/09, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

<snip>

> Ok, I think for some reason DEALLOCATE fails and the
> internal list
> which manages prepared objects is not updated, and same
> request is
> issued over and over again. I need to know why DEALLOCATE
> fails, but
> at least we should prepare for this kind of cases. Attached
> patches
> implement this. Please try if you like.

That sounds exactly like what was happening here.

> Glyn,

<snip>

> What kind of problem do you have with DISCARD ALL?

I'm not sure I do have a problem with DISCARD ALL anymore, so sorry for the confusion, I changed it back because it was just another variable I wanted to exclude.

AFAIK this resolved problems for us when there was a bug with pgpool-ii trying to dealocate a statement it had already deallocated. See here:

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pgpool/pgpool-II/pool_proto_modules.c.diff?r1=1.6&r2=1.7

Glyn