[Pgpool-general] saving state across pgpool restarts?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Oct 30 15:17:19 UTC 2009

Jaume Sabater schrieb:

> Although it would be a good idea for pgpool-II to try and remember
> that, it gets quite more complicated when you are inside a high
> availability cluster, where that information would have to be shared.
>
> Still, a nice feature it would be.

I think it could be easily made with two pcp_* commands used when
starting / shutting down pgpool-ii.

Two problem though:

- not sure how "atomic" this would be,
- does not solve the problem if pgpool process just dies for some reason
(not sure if it ever happens; assuming pgpool-ii is absolutely bug-free,
one thing which could cause it would be OOM-killer).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org