[Pgpool-general] "server closed the connection unexpectedly" on authentication failure

Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 30 11:27:04 UTC 2009

> From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp>
> Subject: Re: [Pgpool-general] "server closed the connection unexpectedly" on authentication failure
> To: glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
> Cc: pgpool-general at pgfoundry.org
> Date: Friday, 30 October, 2009, 12:23 AM
> > When we get an authentication in
> pgpool 2.2.5 we get a "server closed the connection
> unexpectedly" error rather than the usual authentication
> error.
> >
> > Is this intended behaviour or is it a bug? I seem to
> vaguely recall reading a thread about it before ...
>
> Can you provide more detailed info? pgpool log with -d
> enabled would
> help lot.

Here:

http://privatepaste.com/9001F5RvwY

I log in with the correct password the first time, then I retry with the wrong password.

F:\>psql -U superted -d SEE -h 10.10.10.99
Active code page: 1252
Password for user superted:
Welcome to psql_mod 8.3.7 (server 8.3.8), the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

superted at 10.10.10.99.SEE=>\q
Active code page: 850

F:\>psql -U superted -d SEE -h 10.10.10.99
Active code page: 1252
Password for user superted:
psql_mod: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.
Press any key to continue . . .
Active code page: 850

Glyn