[Pgpool-general] EOFError when using any pcp_* commands

Van Der Berg, Stefan SvanderBerg at fnb.co.za
Wed Oct 28 12:26:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

I installed pgpool on a CentOS 32 machine, and I had postgres 8.4
installed.

I compiled pgpool from scratch, without errors. I set up pgpool ( I
attached my config file)

I managed to get updates to both databases successfully, but now I want
to test failover

and recovery.

I have two nodes with replication and load balancing enabled. When I try
to execute

any of the pcp_* commands , I get an error :

[postgres at pgtest ~]$   pcp_recovery_node -d 20 localhost 9999 postgres
postgres 0

EOFError

[postgres at pgtest ~]$

Or :

[postgres at pgtest ~]$ pcp_stop_pgpool 20 localhost 9999 postgres "" s

EOFError

[postgres at pgtest ~]$

Or :

[postgres at pgtest ~]$  pcp_systemdb_info 20 localhost 9999 postgres
postgres

EOFError

[postgres at pgtest ~]$

The pgpool log says :

2009-10-28 14:22:32 DEBUG: pid 15458: I am 15458 accept fd 5

2009-10-28 14:22:32 ERROR: pid 15458: read_startup_packet: invalid
startup packet

It seems as if there is a protocol mismatch .

Can anyone possibly help?

Kind Regards

Stefan

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer at fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.