[Pgpool-general] online recovery by PITR - broken examples?

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:36:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:

> Yes, this is what I don't understand - these scripts seem to want to copy
> the whole postgresql data directory. That can't be right, can it?

If you use rsync, only the differences.

> With 10 GB database, how long will the recovery take? What if the database
> is even bigger?

Online recovery does not use the binary log to put the two databases
in sync, therefore, considering the amount of time and transactions
that could have happened between the failover and the online recovery
attempt, how else would you expect it to work?

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"