[Pgpool-general] Questions about num_init_children

Pedro Silva pedrovieirasilva at gmail.com
Sun May 24 15:40:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a pgpool setup with two backends with replication and load balancing. I'm
trying to tune everything for best performance. I'm having a doubt regarding the
parameter num_init_children.

How does this parameter relates with the max_connections of postgresql.conf?
Should the value of pgpool-II be the sum of max connections of all the hosts, or
should it be the same number that each use? Or even a totally different number?

Thanks,
Pedro