[Pgpool-general] (no subject)

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Wed May 13 04:30:15 UTC 2009

I'm running pgpool-II in replicate/load balance mode across two database
backends used for the spam system being postgresql.org ... all connections
*to* the database go through pgpool itself, including the admin processes

Today, we were having some odd issues, so I ran the expire script
manually, still connecting through pgpool, and it generated the following
error:

# /var/amavis/maia/scripts/expire-quarantine-cache.pl
2009-05-13 04:16:56 Maia: [expire-quarantine-cache] Expiring Suspected
Spam items [S] older than 3 days
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  pgpool detected difference of the
number of inserted, updated or deleted tuples. Possible last query was:
"SELECT expiry_perio
message contents do not agree with length in message type "E" at
/var/amavis/maia/scripts/expire-quarantine-cache.pl line 425.
2009-05-13 04:19:24 Maia: [expire-quarantine-cache] FATAL ERROR: Couldn't
execute query: ERROR:  pgpool detected difference of the number of
inserted, updated or deleted tuples. Possible last query was: "SELECT
expiry_perio
message contents do not agree with length in message type "E"

Obviously, something is out of sync ... but, why?  I'm going to shut
everything down and run the expire against each DB individually, to try
and get things back in sync, but if someone has an idea of what I should
look at if/when it happens again ...

----