[Pgpool-general] client_idle_limit: need clarity

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Mon May 11 11:03:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Henry <henry at zen.co.za> wrote:

> WRT the client_idle_limit config option:  the config file comment states
> "...seconds since the last query has been sent."  What about a long-lived
> select which takes longer than client_idle_limit seconds to complete?  Would
> it too be considered "idle" and be disconnected?

Unless I am mistaken, those connections are disconnected (transactions
are rolled back). Correct, Tatsuo?

It should be smaller than recovery_timeout. Default values are 30 secs
for client_idle_limit and 90 secs for recovery_timeout.

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"