[Pgpool-general] understanding some log entries....

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:53:53 UTC 2009

2009/5/6 Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp>:

> Yes, I have a plan to do something like you said.
> However at this moment, you could use Apache's rotatelogs:
> pgpool -n 2>&1 | /usr/local/apache2/bin/rotatelogs /some/where 86400

By default, pgpool-II logs to the local0 facility, that is,
/var/log/syslog. Perhaps it would be good to be able to specify the
log file or the facility to end up with something like
/var/log/pgpool2/pgpool2.log. With logrotate you could do the rest
and, IMHO, it would not add any value to the application to have that
feature built into pgpool-II (not in the UNIX/Linux world anyway) :)

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"