[Pgpool-general] procedures to reboot a node

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon May 4 02:15:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> What does your DB application look like? If it is "connect/does
> something usefull/disconnet" type, then there should be no problem. But
> if it keeps on connecting to database and never disconnet, that will be
> a problem.

For this one, its the backend for MAIA (amavisd / spamassassin) as well as
sqlgrey ... so in both cases, its a constant connect, so what I think I'll
have to do is:

disable auto-start of postgresql on each node
when 'down node' comes back up, shutdown all amavisd/sqlgrey processes
initiate online recovery
restart amavisd/sqlgrey processes

Sort of a half-way between both scenarios ... less data to 'recover' then
doing a flat out dump/restore, so downtime should be minimized ...

----