[Pgpool-general] procedures to reboot a node

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sun May 3 23:30:00 UTC 2009

This past week, I implemented a replication/load balancing cluster using
pgpool-II to improve performance of the spam/virus scanning engine used
behind the @postgresql.org mailing lists (among other things) ... initial
setup was a breeze, but now I want to make sure that I haven't missed
something critical here ...

... specifically, what happens if / when I reboot one of the nodes?

I just did an OS upgrade on one of the physical servers, so I just
shutdown everything, to be paranoid, but figure that its not something I
should have to do if I have things setup properly.

I've read teh docs about the 'Online Recovery' ... do I need to set that
up, or does pgpool internally handle the fact that one node is down and
'save' the queries until it comes back up and just dump it to node when it
comes back up again?

Also, is there some method of testing that both nodes are 'in sync'?

Thx

----