[Pgpool-general] replicating from a 64 bit server to a 32 bit server.

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 07:21:03 UTC 2009

2009/3/26 Tim Uckun <timuckun at gmail.com>:

> I just found out postgres log shipping does not work from a 64 bit machine
> to a 32 bit machine.  Will pgpool work in such a setup.
>
> My primary goal is high availability.  At this time I am not really that
> interested in performance (load balancing etc) but in the future that may be
> important.

As far as I know, you can't copy/rsync the base directory and the
logs, use PITR and expect them to work, as they are
architecture-dependant. I am not 100% sure, though. So my answer would
be that you will be able to replicate data through pgpool-II but not
do online recovery.

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/