[Pgpool-general] [Fwd: problem with pg_connect and pid_file_name]

Gerd König koenig at transporeon.com
Mon Mar 9 08:33:51 UTC 2009

sorry,

I haven't finished describing the second problem, early monday problem....
I inserted the problem description "inline".

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: [Pgpool-general] problem with pg_connect and pid_file_name
Datum: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:14:36 +0100
Von: Gerd König <koenig at transporeon.com>
An: pgpool-general at pgfoundry.org

Hello,

starting a new week with problems isn't that fine ;-) , but I got stuck
at this point and wanted to ask for help....
Wwhile playing with pgpool I ran into a problem (obviously) at calling
"@pg_connect"-function.
If I click "Node status" in the menu there's only "please wait..."
displayed in the innerHtml and nothing happens.
If I comment the line "$conn = @pg_connect($conStr);" in common.php and
print the connectionstring I can see that the parameters are fine.
To validate it, I put this connectionstring in a test script like the
following one, and it worked, called at the same server pgpool is
running at..!?!?!=>
<?php
  $connection = @pg_connect("host=dbhost01 port=5432 dbname=template1
user=postgres")
      or die ("error connecting to PostgreSQL --> " . pg_last_error($conn));
  $result = pg_exec("SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity ");
  $arr = pg_fetch_all_columns($result, 1);
  var_dump($arr);
  pg_close($connection);
?>

There's no error in the apache errorlog and no entry in the
postgresql.log. Where can I have a look at what's going on, is it
possible to enable some debug output..?!?!
The second, a little bit mysterious, thing is:
In pgpool.log I got the message
"
Undefined index:  pid_file_name in
/srv/www/htdocs/pgpoolAdmin/common.php on line 274
"

The function "DoesPgpoolPidExist()" tries to read the parameter
"pid_file_name" from the file "_PGPOOL2_CONFIG_FILE", which is set to
"define('_PGPOOL2_CONFIG_FILE', '/opt/pgpoolII/etc/pgpool.conf');"
But in pgpool.conf there's no entry called "pid_file_name"....?!??!?

.....I'm working with pgpool 2.1 and pgpoolAdmin2.1Beta, yes, probably I
should update to latest 2.2, but I think these are basic functions
independant from pgpool version.

thanks in advance...GERD...

/===============================\
| Gerd König
| - Infrastruktur -
|
| TRANSPOREON GmbH
| Pfarrer-Weiss-Weg 12
| DE - 89077 Ulm
|

| Tel: +49 [0]731 16906 16
| Fax: +49 [0]731 16906 99
| Web: www.transporeon.com

Bleiben Sie auf dem Laufenden.
Jetzt den Transporeon Newsletter abonnieren!
http://www.transporeon.com/unternehmen_newsletter.shtml

TRANSPOREON GmbH, Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 722056
Geschäftsf.: Axel Busch, Peter Förster, Roland Hötzl, Marc-Oliver Simon