[Pgpool-general] Mismatch among backends

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:40:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Jaume Sabater <jsabater at gmail.com> wrote:

> These COPY operations have been very frequent during the last three or
> four months, with developers constantly dumping information here and
> there. With version 2.1 I never had a mismatch among backends, but now
> I have had 2 of those this very same week, plus a few more the
> previous couple of weeks (we were working with betas or RCs of version
> 2.2). I can't really point at version 2.2 regarding the issue, but I
> promise I don't recall it happening with version 2.1. It is true that
> the number of operations on the PostgreSQL cluster have increased a
> lot in the last 4 weeks, too.

On the other hand, I have to say that, when using massive INSERT,
UPDATE and DELETE SQL commands, affecting to a reduced number of rows,
we haven't had those errors (not that I've noticed, anyway). It's
usually been when truncating, deleting a whole table (I had to teach
some developers that a truncate command actually exists) or using
COPY. Not sure if this helps narrowing down the problem.

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"