[Pgpool-general] ERROR: syntax error at or near "send" at character 1

shrdswann at comcast.net shrdswann at comcast.net
Mon Jun 29 21:07:25 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've been working on getting pgpoool-ii to replicate for some time now. I've gotten a far as actual replication -but there's all these "ERROR:  syntax error at or near "send" at character 1" messages in the pgpool admin log. I'm running pgpool-ii 2.2.2 STABLE and postgresql 8.3.3. I didn't write the sql - so I don't know much about what's in it- though I have access to it. Th e longest time that replication  has run so far is about 12 hours - starting this past Friday night. Then we had a flood of inserts (this is mostly a logging database) and the second backend went offline. Whenever I try to do a recovery, all the commands finish, but pgpool just sits there - after reconnecting the failed node. It's not dead, because if I do a restart from pgadmin, it logs the shutdown commands. It used to not replicate at all - but immediately kick the second node offline. But now, before starting up pgpool, I  go into the recovered database and do a setval on any sequences that I find that don't match the online database. It will then start up and run - with 1000's of lines of the abov e syntax error. If I look into the individual databases - their data matches (as best as I can tell). The OS is Solaris 10. Both servers are UltraSparc - but one is this new CoolThreads thing that Sun is pushing.

Sherrod Swann