[Pgpool-general] host1:pgpool to host2:pgpool connections

Henry henry at zen.co.za
Wed Jun 17 11:33:04 UTC 2009

Greets,

Referencing my previous post which was resolved, is it possible to
have pgpool on host1 connect to pgpool on host2?

ie, using the following config on two hosts (replication with Slony, etc):

Host 1 (slave)
Pg:      port 5431
PgPool:  port 5432

Host 2
Pg:      port 5431
PgPool:  port 5432

Now, normal connections occur on Host1:5432 with DMLs being redirected
to Host2:5431 (the master).  This works as expected.

In order to take advantage of PgPool connection caching on Host2, is
it possible to have those DMLs being directed to Host2:5432 (ie, via
PgPool)?

The problem we're having is many, many connections occurring for DML
going to Host2 (the master) without being cached.  It would be very
useful being able to cache those connections.

Comments?

Thanks
Henry