[Pgpool-general] Pgpool in master slave mode.

Nimesh Satam nimesh.satam at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:11:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

We are using pgpool setup in master-slave mode and loadbalance mode. Can any
one help in the getting the answers for the following questions:

1) When we connect the database through pgpool, the db connection gets
opened on both the servers. even for simple selects. Is this expected
behaviour. Should'nt the connection be opened only on one database.
What parameter can be set to make this happen.

2) Also when we connect through pgpool, we see BIND connections. If we try
to stop this queries running through pg_cancel_backend the queries donot get
killed. On restart of pgpool they disapper. Can someone highlight why the
queries hang in such a way?

Regards,
Nimesh.