[Pgpool-general] pool_read_int: data does not match ...

Henry henry at zen.co.za
Wed Jun 10 09:33:25 UTC 2009

Quoting me, myself and I:

> I'm encountering the error:
> pool_read_int: data does not match between between master(0) slot[1]
>  (50331648)

I eventually figured out what was going on here (by doing the obvious,
rolling back recent changes):

this slave node pgpool was connecting to the master on port 5432
(correct), but the master had recently -also- had pgpool-II installed
(which was now listening on 5432 - pg itself on 5431 which is our
convention).

So,... looks like nodeX:pgpool -> nodeY:pgpool connection is a no-no
and causes the error:  "pool_read_int: data does not match between
between master(0) slot[1] (50331648)"

As soon as I changed:

backend_port0 = 5432

backend_port0 = 5431