[Pgpool-general] pgPool hangs after some load

Florian Pum florian at fh-bingen.de
Wed Jun 3 13:15:59 UTC 2009

Hello,

we are currently performance testing our application that uses pgPool to
replicate it's database. Sometimes (not always) pgPool hangs after these
tests. That means accessing the database through pgPool is not possible
any more. Attemps to access the database do not result in an error
message but pgPool does not answer (at least not in reasonable time).
However accessing the database directly still works perfect. If I
restart pgPool everything works fine again.

pgPool is configured to do only database replication (no load balancing)
and replication_strict is set to true. The pgPool version is 1.3 (the
version that came with Ubuntu Server Edition).

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Florian