[Pgpool-general] Does pgdumpall make writes to the database?

J. Carlos Muro murojc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 12:11:23 UTC 2009

Hi! I have stopped pgpool, then gone to backend0, executed a pgdumpall.
When I started pgpool back, I started register the next error in a exception
from a JDBC application:
  org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: pgpool detected difference of
the number of inserted, updated or deleted tuples. Possible last query
was: " DISCARD ALL"
In the logs of pgpool I hvae found:
  Jul 16 14:49:16 vapp1a pgpool: 2009-07-16 14:49:16 ERROR: pid 901: kind
mismatch among backends. Possible last query was: " DISCARD ALL" kind
details are: 0[D] 1[C]

Is it known that pgdumpall would modify data in backend0?
Thanks!