[Pgpool-general] Pgpool Performence with out loadbalancing

Sridhar Reddapani sridhar.reddapani at arcs.org.au
Mon Jul 13 04:27:19 UTC 2009

I am trying to use Pgpool only for Replication with Online Recovery [No
loadbalance]

This is my scenario,
I am having two servers, Server1 and Server2, both are located in two
different cities.
I have configured Server1 as Pgpool and Backend_host0, and Server2 as
Backend_host1. My webserver [located in same network as server1] is
connected to Pgpool for mostly read operations.

My Problem is,
I found Pgpool responding significently faster to webserver if I it single
Backend host compared to two Backend hosts in pool, Even I am not using
Loadbalancing  [load_balance_mode = false] and having  backend_weight1 = 0
in pgpool.conf is that what expected in pgpool? Is there any configuration
to improve performence of pgpool?

Thanks,
Sridhar Reddapani.