[Pgpool-general] Pgpool's data and index storage limitation

Giovane gufrgs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 13:40:04 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I gotta a question about the pgpool-II limitation in regards to
storing data and indexes.

I want to use it in the parallel mode (I tried with mysqlcluster
before, and it failed for what I need).
The thing is that in the case of mysql cluster the indexes must be
stored in RAM, so you can grow your database until your indexes fill
all your RAM memory.
In my  case, for instance, I had 4GB DB size, but I can only insert up to 3GB.

In the case of pgpool-II, I would like to know if it is possible to
store data and indexes in *disk* in the parallel mode?
If so, what are the limitations?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Giovane