[Pgpool-general] PgPool install, Part Deux

J. Carlos Muro murojc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:59:50 UTC 2009

2009/7/9 Marc G. Fournier <scrappy at hub.org>

> Basically, with your example, it is easy to see how now() could be a
> problem, as if there is a slight delay on backend2 over backend1, the dates
> could / would drift some ...

I tested that situation with an small table many days ago.. Sort of:

  create table test (a integer, b timestamp);
  insert into test values (1, now());

when i stated "select b from test;" in every node, i got indeed slightly
different values, in thousandths of seconds..
Even more, when I executed the select through pgpool, it returned different
values on different sessions.. But pgpool anyway continued to work
normally.. I thought that it would detect the data mismatch and degrade one
of the nodes...