[Pgpool-general] Location of pgpool.pid

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 07:48:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> If you have a good substitution for /tmp, I'm always open to your
> opinion. But I don't think /var/run/postgresql is appropreate for a
> new default since not all platform has the directory nor pgpool has a
> write permission on that.

Didn't mean at all that it was a good substitute. It's the right place
to be on Debian. I was just agreeing to your previous post plus giving
a solution for a specific platform. In my opinion, it's fine as it is
now (default value and a note to remind the user to change it) :)

Nevertheless, if you want a suggestion, perhaps the $prefix directory
set while doing the ./configure --prefix=/path/to/pgpool2 could do. Or
a subdirectory of it, come to that. What do you think? In my case it
would be /opt/pgpool2/run since I used ./configure
--prefix=/opt/pgpool2.

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/