[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II does not re-establish connection to database

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 21:46:00 UTC 2009

Hi.  I am running pgpool-II v2.1 with a PostgreSQL 8.1.10 back-end.

pgpool-II fails to reconnect to the database after the database goes
down and then comes back up.

Instead, pgpool-II clients get message like,

        Server closed the connection unexpectedly

        This probably means server terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request

The only way I can get pgppool-II to reconnect is to manually restart
the pgpool-II instance.

Is it possible to configure pgpool-II to attempt to reconnect to the
database server after the server
closes the connection unexpectedly?

Best,
Aleksey