[Pgpool-general] Pgpool help needed.

Nimesh Satam nimesh.satam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:25:45 UTC 2009

Thanks, Tatsuo.

Yes we are using pgpool-II-2.1 and is configured to work in Master-slave mode.

load_balance_mode = true
master_slave_mode = true

If we are using this config, how would pgpool behave in below scenario.

We insert data through pgpool and then we fire a select command, all
been in the same session. Will pgpool send the Insert to the master db
and all the selects to slave database?

In what case will the queries be balanced in between the two dbs?

Regards,
Nimesh.