[Pgpool-general] Pgpool help needed.

Nimesh Satam nimesh.satam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 13:17:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

Can anybody tell if pgpool is a connection based load balancer or a
query based load balancer?

We are currently using slony for replication.

We have a requirement wherein we need to create a temp table for a
given session. This table will be created on one of the replication
servers. Been a temp table it will not be replicated.

My consecutive queries need to  fetch data from this temp table. How
will pgpool work in this case and what parameters can be set to make
sure that the Select query goes to the same db where the temp table is
created?

FYI: Pgpool is used in load balancer mode.

Regards,
Nimesh.